Your business is thriving and you need an extra hand - but to hire new worker is beyond budget. You can hire a freelancer instead. ? From simple data entry task to large-scale projects requiring specialized skills, the right freelancer can help you reach your goals and streamline your business without the cost of hiring full-time staff.Why hire a freelancer?
Hiring a top freelancer allows you to work with an expert at a reduced cost. The right freelancer can start running with minimal training and complete both short-term and long-term tasks and projects with maximum flexibility, quick turnaround times, and low overhead.
Contributions of a great freelancer:
- Understand project briefs to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Handle multiple projects through to completion, consistently meeting tight deadlines
- Communicate effectively across multiple channels (email, Skype, online collaboration tools, etc.)
- Provide out-of-the-box, innovative solutions to meet project goals
- Help with time-sensitive projects or unexpected issues outside of normal working hours
Freelancers are often experts in their field. Usually these poeple are not looking to be employed.
- Portfolio or samples of work
- Specialized skill set
- Knowledge of online collaboration tools, such as Asana or Trello
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
- Flexibility and self-discipline
- Writing a freelancer job description
- A thoughtful description is important to finding qualified freelancer candidates. A freelancer job description should include a compelling summary of the role or project, a detailed list of duties and responsibilities, and the required and preferred skills for the position.
Keywords to include in your freelancer job description:
- Remote worker
- Independent contractor
- Short-term worker
Interviewing freelancer candidates
Hire the right freelancer for your business by asking targeted interview questions that will reveal a candidate’s ability to seamlessly transition to different projects, manage demanding workloads and deadlines, and communicate consistently and effectively across a wide variety of channels.
Topics for freelancer interview questions:
- Time management skills
- Past freelancing experience
- How they measure and communicate results
- Personal work process
- Freelance rates, fees, and payment schedules
If you are interested in hire a freelancer
, or if you want to find freelance jobs, visit mjobmarket.com and join the top fair trade freelance platform.