Nowadays it has become inevitable to writing online content with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. Great press release content is not only for humans but also for online search engines. If you want to have maximum potential for readership, you must embrace SEO tips and ethical SEO backlink building
Here are some SEO content writing techniques that you can use for press release and also blogging or any other online content, and it sure can help position your content higher on the Search Engine Result Pages (SERP).
1. What readers want to know is in the title: A research by American Press Institute suggests that 69% of Americans read news headlines once or more a day. If your headline can't catch attention, it will be scanned by as the statistics shows. Search engines also take importance on the article content. So before you publish any press release, be sure to give an eye-catching headline that encourages the right audience to read on.
2. Stand out: Keep in mind that you should offer some extra value to your readers. Is there any service or information that only you can provide? And think from the point of view of a reader, not just self-praising.
3. Keep your topics relevant: Use specific terms that people search for in the title of your page. Also use those keywords and some variations of them in the meta description and on other parts of the page to tie the topic together. Your keywords should appear naturally in your writing. For example, someone may search for “sports camera recommendation” or “photo editing app” rather than typing the name of a specific brand like the GoPro or FaceApp.
4. Write content for a wide audience: Make sure the language is neither too simple nor full of complicated terms. Avoid long sentences with clauses and passive sentences. The best way is to imagine writing for a 7th grader so that our content is easy to understand — both by potential customers and search engines.
5. Make sure your content can be scanned quickly. Short paragraphs, clear headings, bold text, bullet points and numbered lists make the text easy on the eyes. Search engines also favor content that is well-structured. Stay away from long paragraphs and sentences. Users tend to get lost in them, especially if they are on a mobile device.
6. Make sure the content provides a complete answer: When you start writing, refer back to your research on your user’s intent (from tip #1). Make sure your content addresses all the key points your audience is seeking help with, and make sure to answer them. You may consider highlighting related questions under new subheadings to make them more clear to your user and the search engine. This will align your content with users‘ needs.
7. Think mobile: Internet viewers on mobile phones have exceeded other devices. Make sure the content you develop is mobile device friendly, including images or videos that go in the content. Google now favors mobile-friendly content in its search results, so designing content for mobile is good for search algorithms and your user experience.
Try to make your content scrollable instead of forcing people to click through multiple pages
Make sure any videos on your pages are compatible with smart devices.
Make sure any buttons on the screen are big enough for mobile customers to use.
Publish your content on mobile-friendly media.